Friday, January 20, 2012

miniature metal panel

Our latest project was creating a miniature metal panel. First we started out by sketching out a design. Then, testing how it would look with pieces of paper. Once the design satisfied you, you began cutting metal. So far I have cut out 2 of my 4 shapes i need to put together my design. The experience is fun and unique. I have never done nor seen a project like this. To cut the metal, you use a saw blade. It's about the size of a strand of hair. Bronze, copper, and silver metal, pointy edges and smooth, everyone's panel looks unique in their own way. There are several ways to create a metal panel. My panel consists of two star shaped pieces, bow tie looking shape, and a circle that will soon be turned into a dome shaped figure. No matter how sore your arms get from sawing, it will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment